Show us where you live Friday - "Master Bedroom" Edition


"Show us where you live Friday - Master Bedroom Edition"
Hosted by Kelly @ Kelly's Korner

When we looked at this home a few years back I fell in love with the Master bedroom.  The builder modify our home to only have 3 instead of 4 bedrooms upstairs.  What we got from this is a huge master suite and a 2nd floor laundry room.

I appreciate the space that I have in our master bedroom.  It is a place to escape for a few hours in the evening to either watch a bit of TV or lounge in my chaise to read a favorite book.    We have four large windows that provide lots of natural light during the day.

Our Master bedroom is at the top of landing and it has double doors at the entrance.

With such a large room our king size bed fits perfectly with lots of room left over.   Again, my less is more theory of decorating is applied to this room.  I seriously need to hire some of the women on this tour to come and decorate a few of my bare rooms.

For years I wouldn't buy wood furniture but we have a company in Canada called "Old Hippy Wood".  They make beautifully hand crafted furniture and when I discovered them I couldn't resist buying a bedroom suite.


We have a lovely sitting area adjacent to our sleeping area.  I searched for a long time to find just the right chaise for the area.  I have spent many hours relaxing with a good book, napping with my littlest one or surfing on my laptop. 

 Right now our youngest is still sleeping with us in our room.  Her crib and dresser fit wonderfully in the sitting area.  (Sorry no picture as she was sleeping at the time I was doing this post).

Lastly, here is a view from the sitting area out to the 2nd floor landing area.

I hope you enjoyed the tour of my little piece of paradise...I can't wait to view everyone's master bedrooms.  Thanks for stopping by !!

If you want to view more master bedrooms
 head over to Kelly's Korner !

post signature

1 comment:

Abramyan Avenue said...

It certainly looks very comfortable and relaxing!! And I am in love with that natural light pouring in!! Have a wonderful weekend!
-April