Show us where you live Friday - "Living Room" Edition (Take 2)


"Show us where you live Friday - Living Room Edition"
Hosted by Kelly over at   Kelly's Korner 

I loved this tour last year and thought it would be fun to take part again sadly I haven't changed much since that time so I'm also recycling some of my pictures.

Our living room is attached to the Kitchen area to make one big great room with the kitchen and eating area.  We aren't in here a lot as we have a toy room and the basement is developed but it's a great space for entertaining lots of people which we do often. 


The main wall has great built-ins that we store games, books and movies in. It has a gas fireplace and a small TV that I primarily watch while I'm cooking in the kitchen.

The outside wall has these 4 great windows that provide lots of light during the day but also it's a gives me a great view of our backyard so I can see what the kids are doing if I'm not out there.  We have two extra large leather chairs that I love to curl up in and read for the whole afternoon (which doesn't happen often now).

On the inside wall we just have a very comfy sofa & great coffee and end tables .
I'm afraid I'm not much of a decorator and tend to be fairly simple when it comes to that !

There's not much else to tell ya' !

Thanks for stopping by for a peek !! 
If you want to see more lovely living rooms stop by Kelly's Korner's.

See you all next week !

post signature

7 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW~! THOSE BUILT INS are THE BOMB! VERY PRETTY HOME!

Tamar SB said...

Oh, I am so jealous of your gas fire place! And those built-ins rock!

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training said...

LOVE your big windows. I wish we had more natural light in our living room (photographer over here). Our next house will be full of windows!

Kendra aka "Domestic Princess in Training"

Emily Powell said...

thanks for the sweet comment!

Soshayna said...

Your built-ins are beautiful! What a lovely, cozy family room!

Unknown said...

I LOVE LOVE your built ins.. you've done a great job with your space!!

Foursons said...

Oh, I LOVE your leather chairs. I wish I had a furniture fund in the bank. And the built-ins are GORGEOUS.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!