Mama's Weekly Wrap-up (September 30th)

Another busy week at the Suleman's or maybe it's just the new norm around here.

  • Laila was off Thursday & Friday this week and I have to say it was torture both days.  She asked me no less than 100 times if it was time to go to school.  My girl has a love for her preschool and it is really sad when she can't go.  
  • On Friday Faruq went to the first parent teacher interview for her and it was all positive.  They have set their plan in place for her first semester at the school.  Laila is going to work on "sharing" and "taking turns" which was not a shock to me at all.  At home she would go to her death for something if she really wanted it and I guess this can cause a small problem in the classroom.  The Speech therapist is going to work on a few different sounds with her but says her speech has improved from her assessment in July.  As well, the OT is going to work on scissor work but says she is miles ahead of most of the kids in the class with other things.

~Laila going to "green" day at school ~
  • Hayden had a busy week.  On Thursday my very shy boy participate in an "idol like" talent contest at school.  Regardless of how Hayden actually did at the singing we were just so amazed and delighted that he would actually sign up in the first place.  Sadly, I was not able to see it as it was right at Sophie nap time but Faruq managed to get away from work and said he did a great job.  A friend has it taped so I will share it when it sends it to us.  He came in second only to a kid who wrote and performed his own song.  Well done Hayden !!
  • Sophie didn't have much on her social calendar this week other then becoming a handful for her mama.  I have to say the years from 1 to 3 are not my favorite as a parent.  Laila will be 4 in December and she is just a delightful little human being to be around but I so remember when I would have sold her  to any bidder because she was so out of control.  Well we are dealing with "Laila 2.0" now but know this to shall pass.

But how could you honestly stay mad at this little cherub for any length of time.



  • I am mostly over my cold/flu that I cam down with last week.  I know I whine louder then my kids when I'm sick so I'm pretty sure everyone is happy I'm over it.  It seems to be a "Back to school" ritual in our house now.
  • My new drivers license came in the mail this week.  I don't love it but don't hate it either.  I loved my old one and managed to keep it for 6 years but sadly I was asked told to give it back.  They just didn't understand that I don't take great pictures so when I do get a good one I want to hold onto it for as long as possible.  I bet men never worry about this stuff.
  • We got to look at our proofs from family pictures we had taken in September and again while I don't love the ones of me I don't hate them either.  I still see how far I have left in my journey.  The kids look adorable as does hubby so I will share some when I get the CD.  I'm just glad I have the damn Christmas card picture and don't need to fret over that like in years past.
We are looking forward to a long weekend this week with Thanksgiving.  It will be nice to have the Monday off and stuff ourselves with turkey and all the trimmings.

Chow !


post signature

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Happy Thanksgiving Michelle! Even if I don't always comment, I always read :)

TheFitHousewife said...

Awww....cute little cherub indeed! I'm not liking age 4...or maybe it's just the kid, not the age ;)