Halloween Popcorn Treat

Remember this picture


Well this is the final product in all of it's yumminess !



Now before reading this post be warned that this Halloween treat is highly addictive and you may not be able to stop with just a small helping.

I found the recipe here on a lovely blog called "Our Best Bites" and just knew I had to try it.  I have been making something very similar at Christmas for the last 10 years so figured I would like it and yup  I was right.

Here's what you will need:

12 cups of popped popcorn (I used 1 1/2 regular bags of microwave popcorn)
1 lb White chocolate wafers (original recipe said Almond Bark which I don't think we can get in Canada).
1 cup of candy corn
1 cup of dry roasted peanuts
1 cup of Reeces Pieces. (Next time I'm sub in peanut M&M's as we aren't fans of Reeces Pieces).

How it's made:

  • Mix together in a large bowl (the bigger the bowl the better) the popped popcorn, candy corn, peanuts and Reeces Pieces.
  • Over low-med heat melt the chocolate wafers on the stovetop.  Stir frequently as it will melt quickly and possibly burn.
  • Pour completely melted chocolate over the popcorn mixture and stir mixture until everything is completely coated
  • Pour onto a parchment lined baking sheet to cool.
  • Break into small pieces and store in a sealed container

My family throughly enjoyed this treat but it is very sweet so most will only want a little piece.  I can't wait to package some up for the kid's teachers and our friends. for Halloween.

Enjoy !!

post signature

No comments: