A few finds...

I did a little shopping on Sunday morning and found a few neat things along the way.

I usually make my cakes from scratch but when I spotted these in London Drugs I knew I had to give them a try.    Kudos to Betty Crocker for making a "Gluten Free" cake mix. They came in Golden and Devil Foods Chocolate flavors.  Of course, they are a little pricier then regular mixes at $5.99 but for special occasions I don't mind paying the extra if it tastes good.  Faruq's birthday is tomorrow so I will be using one for that.  I will let you know how it tastes.


Approx. 6 months ago Dollarama opened up not far from our place and I have to say it is one of my favorite places to shop.  It has become my "go to" store for most things around the house.  I had never been in one before then but I'm a convert now for sure.


 I found these cute skins for laptops.  When I was in Vegas I picked up an M&M's one but it was promptly confiscated by Hayden when we got home.  I thought these were so cute and at a $1.25 you can't go wrong.  They had 4 different styles and I had to buy two sets to cover my laptop.


Hayden wasn't so sure when he seen them and said they looked like something from the "olden days" but he then made it even better by saying "but your old so it's okay for you".  The mind of an 8 year old.

I picked up a few boxes of Pumpkin Peeps to use as toppers on cupcakes I'm making for Hayden's class at school.  Who doesn't love a peep or two.  Got them for a buck a box.



Lastly, since Laila has started school she has become obsessed with the alphabet and numbers so when I spotted these workbooks I figured she would love them.  Max and Ruby is still one of her favorite shows and at a $1 each it was a steal.  She loved them and we worked most yesterday morning on them before going to preschool.  They had lots of different character themed books so check out the Dollarama before getting them from Walmart. Chapters or Scholars Choice where you will definitely pay more.


Those are just a few of the things I got there this weekend.  There is is just too many to list.  Maybe this should be a weekly post on my blog "Dollarama Deals". 

I bought three bags full of stuff with the grand total being $18.17.  I love taking the kids there because with a few bucks they can usually get a 2 or 3 things each.

Do you shop at the Dollarmam?  What have been some of your great finds ?


post signature

1 comment:

TheFitHousewife said...

Love Dollarama! I usually go there before we go on a trip and stock up on stuff for the kids to play with!
I wish Betty would make a "vegan" cake mix since I can't have eggs. Maybe one day...