New Banana Bread Recipe

I tried this recipe a few weeks back and like it much better then my normal one.  I hope you enjoy it !!

Ingredients:

1 cup of very ripe pureed bananas (approx 6)
1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar (I used light brown sugar and it was fine)
1/4 cup oil (you can sub melted unsalted butter)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 5/8 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup Coca-cola (I used Coke Zero but probably wouldn't use Diet Coke as it has a different taste)
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)

How to Make it :

1. Preheat oven to 300 Degrees.
2. Spray one 9x5 inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray (I used
this method and it worked great)
3. Puree your bananas  - I used my blender.
4. In a mixer blend sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla - Approx. 1 minute.
5. Measure and mix (in a separate bowl), all the dry ingredients except the nuts.
6. Add puree to mixer bowl that contains ingredients in step 5.
7. Add dry ingredients to mixer bowl as well adding the coca cola to mixture as it's blending.
8. Blend until smooth - approx 1 min.
9. Blend in nuts by hand (if you are adding them)
10. Pour mixture into prepared baking pan.
11.  Place loaf pan on baking sheet in oven.
12.  Bake for 1 hour or until loaf tests done in the middle with a toothpick.  (I started checking at 50 minutes).
13.  When done let cool for 10 to 15 minutes then turn loaf out of pans to finish cooling.

Note:  It is very moist and hubby preferred my old recipe as it is denser more like pound cake which is his favorite.  The kids I think like this one a little better as did I
.

No comments: