Great Weekend....

We had an awesome weekend just chillin' around the homestead. Faruq went to work for a few hours each day before we got up but it didn't impact family fun time....We had no real commitments which is just the way I like it.

Saturday was spent outside weeding the flower beds and painting the front porch with a few hours of just "playtime" tossed in for fun. We started the garage purge but didn't get it quite finished...I'm not sure about other people but that area of the house just seems to collect "stuff" which then needs to be cleaned up a few times a year.

Our regular sitter returned from holidays on Friday and she came by on Sunday to spent a few hours with the kids. They love her but secretly I think we love her more. Faruq and I wen to go to the grocery store alone for the first time since the beginning of summer....we were actually like giddy school girls and stopped by Starbucks for a cold drink before heading home. It was heaven !!!

Anyone watching Big Brother ? I can't wait until Thursday night and to see what Jeff does. Hopefully either Natalie or Jesse will be packing their bags and hittin' the road. Now that Casey is gone I'm kind of rooting for either Jeff or Russell. Thoughts ?

I sadly did not get to see Julie & Julia this past weekend but hubby and I are planning a little date night this coming weekend and that's my pick for the movie. Anyone see it ?

I just started reading The Time Travelers Wife and have to say it was a little tough in the beginning but I'm really enjoying it now. When I picked it up I didn't realize that it had been made into a movie that was coming out in a few weeks so I can't wait to go see that as well.

We have no scheduled activities for this week and Faruq is away Wednesday & Thursday so the less we need to do the better. We have our next U/S booked for August 18th and hopefully we will know if the little kicker is part of Team Pink or Team Blue.

Enjoy the last few weeks of summer !!

Chow for now !

No comments: