Show us where you live Friday - "Living Room" Edition


"Show us where you live Friday - Living Room Edition"
Hosted by Kelly over at   Kelly's Korner 

Thank you all for the lovely comments last week. It was so much fun peeking into everyone's kitchens and I can't wait to see the living rooms.

A few people had asked what the color of  stain on our cabinets is and it's Espresso.  It is a very dark brown and I have to admit not the easiest to keep clean with two small kids but I do love it and it's all through my house . 

Our living room is attached to the Kitchen area and I have to say it doesn't quite have the same "wow" factor that the kitchen delivers but it's comfortable.  We honestly don't spend a lot of time in here as the kids have a toy room and our basement is finished.


The main wall has great built-ins that we store games, books and movies in. It has a gas fireplace and a small TV that I primarily watch while I'm cooking in the kitchen.


The outside wall has these 4 great windows that provide lots of light during the day but also it's a gives me a great view of our backyard so I can see what the kids are doing if I'm not out there.  We have two large leather chairs that I love to curl up in and read for the whole afternoon.

On the inside wall we just have a very comfy sofa a great coffee and end tables by "Old Hippy Wood" and there's not much else to tell ya' !

Thanks for stopping by for a peek !! 
If you want to see more lovely living rooms stop by Kelly's Korner's.

See you all next week !

19 comments:

Rachel said...

Those cabinets are gorgeous!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

I have built-in envy! At this point everything is in baskets so I'd kill to have all that storage space!

Mommyto3andahusky said...

I love your big fireplace! :)

Unknown said...

LOVE the built in-very beautiful!

Pam Bowers said...

I love the built-ins. Great windows.

Embellished Bayou said...

I love the built-ins and fireplace!

Cheri said...

Me too! Love your fireplace and cabinets!

Alphabet Soup Momma said...

Love your cabinets that is one thing my house needs more of! Thanks for sharing!

Chelsa said...

i love all the built ins! i'm a huge fan of built ins! and i also love all the windows... lol, i just happen to be a big fan of windows too. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for having us! :-) I love the cabinets and the windows!

LuAnn said...

I love the light and all the windows

3boysmom said...

I love your built-ins!! Thanks for the tour. Now I'm off to see the kitchen cabinets you spoke of. Thanks for sharing your beautiful home.

Kelley said...

Thanks so much for sharing about your drop leaf table and chairs on my blog! Your house is beautiful! I love the cabinets.

KIMBERLY said...

beautiful! thanks for sharing!

Sar(Mrs.Teddy) said...

I love the built ins! I hope to do soemting similar in out family room one day! THe windows are great as well, I love natural sunlight coming in a room!

Kathleen said...

I love your fireplace wall. So beautiful.

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

I really like this room. So warm and inviting.

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Sonya said...

I really like your fire place.

Susan said...

Thank you for the nice comment :). I love the built-ins! You are so lucky to have them. They give the room so much character. I wish that I had something similar in my formal living room which we are going to turn into a library/club room (so I didn't post any pics), but they are so expensive to have built. I will probably end up buying an bunching bookcase unit instead. Your living room is very inviting. Thank you for sharing!
--Susan
PS - I love Calgary. The company that I work for has an office downtown. I make it up there a couple times a year. I recently resigned to be at SAHM (just like you). my last day is May 22nd... sooo no more trips to Calgary :(