Poor Hayden...

Is missing his last beavers meeting tonight because he is just exhausted from a very long night last night.  He woke a few hours after I put him to bed screaming.  When I got to his room the poor kid was obviously in pain and was saying his legs where throbbing.  My first thought was "growing pains".  I got them as a kid and remember many nights of excruciating pain.

I gave him some children's pain meds and just rubbed them for over an hour which seemed to help but within a few hours we were right back to the same situation.  This continued pretty much all night and I decided to get our dr. to check him out this morning.   So off he and dad went at 8:30 this morning and just I suspected he figures it is "growing pains" as well.  Kids will go through them typically from the ages of 3 to 5 and then from 8 to 12 so hopefully we will be out of them soon as he will be 6 in a few months. :}

So tonight I'm ready with heating pads and pain meds but hope I don't need to use them.  

Does anyone have any other suggested that helped if you had kids that experienced these?  

2 comments:

Donna said...

Sorry no advice since Josh never went through them but I hope Hayden feels better soon!

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

Both of my boys have gone through the terrible growing pains. I have spent many nights rubbing legs and soothing pains. I did notice it is always worse when they are extremely active that day or doing something new that requires lots of leg movements.

I promise it will get better.

Cece