Blueberry Muffins

The other day I was in a baking mood and  I had a quart of blueberries sitting in my fridge that needed to be used.  My family are not big blueberry eaters but do like them on ice cream or in muffins.  


I couldn't find my regular recipe so I just went to my friend "Google" Oh how I love thee Google !!  I picked the first recipe and have to say I think I like it better then my usual one.   Judging by the fact there is only 4 left from the 12 I baked I would say they were a hit with the family as well !

"To Die for Blueberry Muffins"


This recipe comes from allrecipes.com.

What you will need:
  • 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons of baking powder
  • 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 cup fresh blueberries
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup butter, cubed
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
How to make them:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Grease muffin tins if not using muffin liners.
  2. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup.  Mix this with the flour mixture.  Fold in blueberries.  Fill muffin cups right to the top and sprinkle with topping mixture.
  3. To make crumb topping.  Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon.  Mix with fork and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
  4. Bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven.
Note:  The original recipe says it makes 8 but I actually got 12 out of the recipe.

I hope you enjoy them !!!

No comments: