Again not much news worthy here !!

I haven't been blogging much lately because honestly I'm still not out of that funk I was in a few weeks ago.  We had a sprinkling of good weather Monday and I have to say my mood brighten considerably that day but sadly today as I'm typing this I'm watching the snow fall outside.  Dang when is summer going to arrive here for good !!!


Hayden had his school dance Friday night and it was a ball.  We went out for a little family dinner beforehand and then got to the school earlier because of having to leave for Laila's bedtime.  There were lots of families which was great to see because I know from past experiences it takes a lot of time and effort to plan these types of events.  We played some of the games in the gym, had a few snacks at the "sweet treat alley" then hit the dance for a few spins around the floor.  As expected Laila was groovin' to the tunes and Hayden was holding up one of the walls in the gym.  These kids are so drastically different in so many ways.  We ended up leaving just before 9 pm so bedtime was a bit of bust that night but it's okay since everyone was having so much fun.

Saturday was spent running errands and home for a lovely BBQ !  We managed to see not one but two movies this weekend.  We watched "Marley & Me" and "Slumdog Millionaire" both were wonderful and I would highly recommend them.  I can honestly see why Slumdog won best picture...sad but unfortunately a reality for so many kids still to this day.

Sunday was my day to sleep in so daddy took the kids to Ricky's for breakfast then down to his office for a little running around.  He needed to pick up a few things for his trip to McMurray this week.

Chow for now !!

No comments: