Positive Changes (1st Update)

I'm going to try writing a "Positive Changes" post monthly but there still might be days when I want to share something awesome that just can't wait.

Exercise :
We have been working out for 3 weeks now with our awesome trainer and I honestly can't believe how far I have come in that short time.  I see my body changing and I'm definitely getting stronger.  I look forward to the workouts each week and can't wait to see what's coming next.  I can not stress how important our trainer is to us and I know I would not have the results I'm getting without her.  I suffered an injury this month that without her I would probably have chosen to give up the workouts but instead she is helping me work through it.

You can find Stevie's blog here and on Twitter here.

Food:
I enjoy eating that should be no surprise to anyone but for the last month I have been very conscience of what actually goes in my mouth and the specific quantity.   It's no secret that when you eat well you can eat a lot a lot of food.  If you chose high calorie/high fat you don't get a lot of bang for your buck.

Even though I know what I should be doing I have had my struggles with food not just this month but pretty much all my adult life.  I have always turned to food for comfort when I'm feeling down or PMSing.  But its such a double edge sword because while it gives a temporary high the lasting effects are so much worse.

I'm learning to accept when I falter and not let it define my overall success.  I'm letting myself have the occasional treat but always counting it in my daily calorie allotment.

One of the biggest keys is to track your food intake.  I have in the past been a member of Weight Watchers on-line but gave it up when I stopped tracking my food.  I'm now using Loset It and it's a lot like WW's online.  The program is free and very simple to use.    It can be very scary how many "mindless" calories one can consume without even realizing it.

Weight:
As I said at the beginning I did not register a starting weight and I have honestly not even had the urge to get on the scale.  I know how I feel and I can see my clothes fitting better.   Stevie measured me when we first started and I'm probably due to be measured in the near future.  I'm still not 100% sure I want to know the results when she does it.  I'm very determined to not let numbers be the focus of this journey.

There is so much more I want to talk about but will save it for another time. All in all it has been an incredible month with more successes then setbacks.  This is a life-long journey that I'm on and I know each month will only get better and better.

Blessings !!

post signature

No comments: