A late Mama's Weekly Wrap-up of sorts...

I'm in another funk and honestly don't really know what to write about.  Life around our place has been pretty mellow since the boys got back....just the way I like it.

I haven't been experimenting much in the kitchen so I don't have a lot of new recipes to post.  Just using the tried and true ones right now.

Sophie has been teething like crazy for the last few weeks.  She now has a total of 9 teeth trying to come in (at least those are the ones I can actually see) but has been a real trooper about it.  She got up on both Friday and Saturday night with what  I can only guess was pain because she wasn't hungry and really just wanted to play for a few hours. Poor Faruq dealt with it both nights as he has "night duty" on the weekends.  By Sunday night we were back to normal programming with her sleeping 12 hours straight.  Did I mention is is my favorite kid ??

Hayden is eagerly awaiting Spring Break and chance to get out to his Grandparents for a few weeks.  He finished his latest round of swimming last week and sadly didn't pass this time.  He was disappointed but really only failed one element of the session so I'm sure he will pass it next time.  But as he gets higher it's getting tougher and I'm perfectly fine with him having to repeat a level if the instructor doesn't feel he is ready to move on.

He wants to play baseball again this year so we are trying to find a league that is still accepting registrations.  He has been playing in our local league but for a few reasons we have decided to not go into that one again this year so we are on the hunt for something new.

I can still hardly believe that I will be taking Laila for a uniform fitting for preschool when we get back from holidays. I'm not sure where the last 3 years have gone but they have certainly gone by quickly.   I know in my heart she will love being with other kids her own age and will grow so much but I'm not sure I'm ready to let go yet.  I had exactly the same feelings with Hayden and know Sophie will suffer the same torture from mama.

Faruq is working like a mad man the last few weeks and it doesn't appear to be slowing down anytime soon for him.  I'm so conflicted on this subject but try to just support him and hope that things change for the positive this year.

We have finally made some decisions about what we as a family are going to do for at least the next few years.  It was decided that for now our best bet is to stay in or close to a bigger city.  There are more options for schooling and extra curricular activities that Hayden (and eventually the girls) just would not get where we were planning to relocate to.  While it would have been nice to be closer to extended family it was just not a great move for the kids.  We are still open to a move so that may happen but it would have to be another large city with the same time of amenities.

As for me I have started working out with a trainer again so while I feel most times like I want to just die I know this feeling won't last forever and I will actually start to enjoy it.  It's easier when you start to see the benefits of training but right now it's just a big ole' barrel of pain for me.

I have a few other posts started and will post them if I manage to actually get them done but that's pretty much what we have been up to the last few weeks.

Chow for now !!

post signature

No comments: