Birthday Weekend

Well I turned 41 on Friday and honestly can say that I really don't feel any different !! I still have the stinkin' head cold and have been trying to relax as much as I can this weekend so most of the partying will need to take place down the road.


Hubby surprised me with a lovely cake and beautiful flowers on Thursday night.



Faruq booked our sitter for Friday night and we went out with friends to The Keg for supper and laughs. We had a wonderful time and the meal was amazing.

It was nice getting out without the kids for the evening although I guess Miss Laila decided that bedtime was going to be a challenge for Lindsay (our sitter). But when we arrived home everyone was sound asleep so we actually managed to watch a movie before bedtime.

My girlfriends had planned a lovely day in Kananaskis on the Saturday with spa treatments and dinner but we had to postpone it due to me being under the weather. We hope to do it later this month. Can't wait to get away ladies for a day of pampering.

So instead on Saturday evening hubs and I watched The Real Housewives from New Jersey and Atlanta plus we managed to catch the latest season of Project Runway. Pretty good evening in my books.

I didn't even get dressed to today and have managed to get a few nice naps in...I'm starting to feel more like myself and hope that this is the end of the cold for me. It's so tough when you are pregnant because you are really restricted on what you can and can't take.

We have had beautiful weather in Calgary this past week and I think the forecast is for sunny skies for the next 5 days. It would be so lovely to have a nice fall/winter season this year.

It has been a lovely weekend even with this silly cold and couldn't think of any other way I would have like to spend it.

I hope you all had a great weekend !!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Happy Birthday Michelle and hope you feel better soon! You don't look anything over 30!!!

Michelle said...

I was hoping for "21"...thanks for the birthday wish Donna !!