A few summer reads...

While in BC I was blessed with a few extra minutes everyday to indulge in one of my favorite pastimes.  I love to read but sadly at home I usually only get a few minutes before bed every night.

I actually managed to get 4 books knocked off my "must read" list.

The first was "Saving CeeCee Honeycutt" by Beth Hoffman.  It's a very easy read and has a lovely story.   I really enjoyed it and highly recommend it. You can find it here.


The second was "Then Came You" by Jennifer Weiner.  I'm always excited when Jennifer has a new book coming out.  I have been a fan since her early days and while this latest book was good I still believe that some of earlier ones were better.  You can find it here.















The third book I read was "Stories I Only Tell My Friends" by Rob Lowe.  If you grew up in the '80's like I did I'm sure you share my love of Rob Lowe.  I remember him in St. Elmo's Fire like it was yesterday and have enjoyed him The West Wing and Brothers & Sisters.  He seems to have a timeless youthfulness to him and while others have gotten older he seems to just stay the same year after year.  I didn't even know he had written an autobiography until Oprah had him on one of her last shows this past spring.













I loved this book and admire him more for the struggles he faced through his career.  There were a lot of chapters where I found myself saying "that seems unreal" but most of the people he talks about are still living today so I'm going to trust that the stories are real.  You can find it here.

Lastly, I finally finished "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett and while I think it was a tad bit long I still really enjoyed it.  I managed to see the movie based on this book and thoroughly enjoyed that as well.  Find it here

















Next up is Tina Fey's "Bossypants".  So far it is quite enjoyable but I'm sure it will take me until next summer to finish it so I will let you know what I thought about it this time next year.

What's everyone been reading this summer ? I would love to hear some other suggestions for "must read" books !

post signature

2 comments:

TheFitHousewife said...

I've heard good things about Rob Lowe's memoir as well...may have to read it. Right now, I'm reading The Hunger Games trilogy. I'm thourouly enjoying it! But yes, I also only get a few minutes to read before bed so it takes me a long time to finish one book ;)

Anonymous said...

I loved Bossypants! I'm also into the Hunger Games trilogy...off to pick up the 3rd book today :)