Recipes

I love recipes and have recently started to compile a stack of some of my families favorites and other "must try" ones.  I not only have paper copies from magazine but a file on my laptop with electronic ones.  I find when my recipes are organized it is far easier to do weekly/monthly meal planning.

I have questions though that I would really love some suggestions on:

  • How do you organize your recipes ?
  • Do you store them electronically or on paper ?
  • If electronically, did you makeup a form to use continuously ?
  • Do you still have a paper copy if they are store electronically ?
I doubt this project will be done overnight but I would much prefer to do it properly from the start as to not waste time changing my mind mid way through the project.


I'm kicking myself because I recently read an article on someone creating a electronic copy of her recipes but I didn't bookmark the site and can't find it now.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated !!

Thanks a bunch

post signature

1 comment:

TheFitHousewife said...

I think I am the queen of recipes ;) I have so many cookbooks and paper recipes. I keep all my paper recipes in a binder and organize them by:
Appetizers, Salads, Sides, Beef, Chicken, Pork, Fish, Vegetarian.

I also have a dessert binder organized by:
Cookies, Cakes, Muffins, Breads

I've never put my recipes on the computer, that would be a lot of work since I use so many.

Hope that helps!