We are still alive (barely)...

Sorry I haven't been blogging much lately or even been on the computer.  Laila started to get sick last Monday and it just got worse from there.  I literally spent two days in the washroom ('nuff said) and it seems a virus has found the way to the rest of the family as well.

Our GP figures it is a virus very similar to the Norwalk virus going around and that it takes 2 to 3 weeks to actually present itself - So potentially it's something I could have picked up in the hospital when I was in having Sophie.   Not like there isn't lots of germs and disease there right.

Anyway, I guess it can go one of two ways either you get better faster or worse and thankfully for our family I got the worse of it while the kids got minor variations and Faruq has yet to present any visible signs of sickness although he is extremely tired from pulling double duty while I was otherwise indisposed for those few days.

We are really watching Sophie the closest because of how little she is but honestly she has probably been the best but only time will tell.  On a positive note (if there is one) I managed to drop 10 pounds in just over 3 days - I would not suggest it but it was slightly effective in shedding a little more "baby" weight.

On a sad note we have finished the 3rd Season of Dexter now and I have to say I'm having a little "Dexter" withdrawal now.  I so badly want to see Season 4.  :{   Anyone watch either Californication or Damages?  We have watched neither and just wondering if they are any good.

Really loving Top Chef Masters..... the host not so much but loving the format and really enjoying watching the "professionals" sweat for a little while.

Not even interest in The Bachelor this time round...I still have it PVR'ing and will scan through it during the early feed sessions but I could really care less about Jake and who he ends up with.

We are finally getting another season of Flipping Out and I have to say I have a slight crush on Jeff Lewis - He is crazy but in a very cute kind of way.

As well the "Real Housewives of OC and Atlanta" have premiered their next seasons here in Canada and it rather amuses me watching some of these ladies fall just a little of the pedestals they have perched themselves up on of.  Some of had their houses foreclosed on, others have lost jobs and some are getting divorces.  None of which are anything that find funny or would make fun of but it's just the way in which these women (or at least the show) as presented them.  I would have thought they would have been "recession" proof.  So secretly, I say they are pretty much like you and I but have a little farther to fall.

I will be back in a few days as I have been saving a few other topics that I've been chopping to chat about.

Chow for now !!

No comments: