Were did the month go ?

Seriously, I would not be surprised if no one reads here anymore because I have become the person I loath.  You know the one that has a blog and only updates it every few weeks.  But I'm not going to apologize this time for not posting I am just not going to because we have been busy living life.  I find as the kids are getting older life is getting busier.  By the end of the day I just don't have the energy for anything other then throwing myself in bed and trying to read a few chapters in whatever book I'm reading

So let's see what we have been up to for the last few weeks....

We had Hayden's birthday party yesterday and I think everyone had a great time.  After 8 years of parties I have it down to a fine art on how to do a pretty good party (or so I think).

Our party was at one of the local art studios and the kids got to create a painting and a little clay "yoda" to go with the painting.  This was the first hour of the party and for the 2nd hour we had a snack and opened presents.  It went surprisingly quick which was a bonus because kids can get bored really fast.


Getting ready to start creating !


Hayden and his guests.



Of course, guess who had to get in on the action.  
God... I seriously love this kid.


Even dad got to do a little creating.


We had a snack and then it was time for cake ! 


Here's the birthday boy with his super cool cake !  
I know I earned a few points for this one.  


 

I had planned on doing a totally different cake but found this post via Pinterest and knew I had to make it for Hayden.  It was actually much easier then it looks to make (but we won't tell anyone else that) and the result was totally worth it.  The kids thought it was "super cool".


It wouldn't be a party without a little dancing !


I decided last week to make the loot bags for the guests (because you know I have all this spare time).  I really debated on whether we would actually even do them for this party.  As the kids get older they just aren't interested in the little trashy trinkets you would normally put in them.  But I figured at least the girls would like the reusable bags and they did love them.


I was so fortunate to find an amazing pattern from this talented lady 
and I know I will make this bag many many times again !


I picked up lots of great things at the Dollarama for both the girls and boys bags.
I so love that store ! (Sadly, I didn't take a picture of the boys stash).  

I always breath a sigh of relief when Hayden's party is over because I know I don't have to start planning another one until November when we will celebrate Laila and Sophie's birthdays in December.

I have lots of other little things to chat about but I will save them for another post.


post signature

No comments: