Celebrating with cake and presents !

We had a small celebration for Hayden last Tuesday.  It was tough as Faruq had to work that day so we had to wait until the evening to have the party.


Originally Hayden requested a Titanic cake but because we had been away the previous weekend I just didn't have enough time to put it all together.  So he chose this cake instead and I thank him for that.  It was one of the easiest cakes to make and it was also one of the loveliest.  I will definitely be making it again.





I don't think we will ever get a great picture of all three kiddo's but this was pretty good.



We started a little tradition where the kids each get $10 to spend at the local Dollarama store on the sibling who is having the birthday.  It has been really interesting to see what they buy each other and the thought that goes into.



Hayden gift this year is a new set of golf clubs but he also wanted some new LEGO.


And of course, it would not be a birthday without Sophie trying to taste test the cake before it was served..



"What....I'm not doing a thing !" is totally what she is thinking.


We finally got to enjoy some cake ! 


For the first time in a long time all the cake was eaten within a few days so I would say that was a successful birthday.



 Happy "9th" birthday my big eyed boy. 
post signature

1 comment:

Soshayna said...

Cool cake! You may need to e-mail me the recipe. Chloe's family party is Sunday...I will probably be making a pink cake with pink icing. She is such a girl! LOL Hugs, Mama! It looks like your celebration and your summer so far are a hit!