Saturday Mornings...

We have a standing date with some friends on Saturday mornings for muffins and coffee (tea for me). We usually only visit for an hour or so before starting our day but it's so nice to see them on a regular basis.

Most weekends they come here because sometimes our kids sleep in and honestly I prefer it because then I can try out different muffin recipes. They are by far one of my favorite things to make because they are easy and quick but very tasty.

This weekend I tried a recipe from the most recent Kraft Canada magazine. Seriously, if you don't receive this free magazine you must subscribe today here. They have an equally fabulous website that you can find great recipes and ideas on as well.

The muffins I made Saturday morning were called Peanut Butter Muffins and they were super yummy. I actually made a double batch which included mini's for the kids and big's for the adults. When everyone was done devouring this was all that was left...


What you will need:

1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp Magic baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup kraft light crunchy Peanut Butter (I used smooth because that's all I had)
1/4 cup non-hydrogenated margarine
1 cup skim milk
2 eggs beaten

How to make it:

Mix flours, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Cut in peanut butter and margarine with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk and eggs;  stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Batter will be lumpy)

Spoon into a 12 paper lined muffin cups (I just greased my pans and it worked fine).(I used a mini tin for one batch and a large 6 tin pan for the other.

Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centres come out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack and cool completely.

No comments: