Since yesterday was Monday....

I spent a few hours in the kitchen trying out a some new recipes and I have to say I think we have a few keepers !

I have been trying to cut back on using white flour so I'm always on the hunt for recipes that are similar to some of our favorites but use whole wheat flour.

The first one is Whole-Wheat Banana Muffins.....These were so yummy that I will probably make another batch before weeks end.

You will need:

1 cup Oats
1 cup of whole wheat flour
3 tbsp white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup mashed bananas (the riper the better)
1/4 cup milk (I used skim)
2 tbsp Oil

(I also added 1/3 cup of grounded Flax Seed cuz it's good for ya')

Mix everything together and bake in a preheated oven at 350'F degrees for 12 to 14 minutes - Makes 12 muffins.




The second recipe is Oatmeal Chocolate-Chip cookies ( Healthy food for kids cookbook by Rachael Anne Hill)

You will need:

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup of medium oatmeal
2 tbsp light brown sugar
1/3 cup raisins
2 oz semisweet chocolate (I just used chocolate chips)
1 egg
2 tbsp sunflower oil
2 to 3 tbsp milk

How to make them:

Put the flour and oatmeal in a large bowl - stir in sugar, raisins and chocolate. Put egg in small bowl and beat in the oil & milk. Stir egg mixture into the flour and mix to form a stiff dough.

Put small spoonfuls of the mixture on the baking tray. Flatten slightly with the prongs of a fork, then bake in preheated oven at 350'F for 12 to 15 minutes until golden.



My toughest critic "Hayden" likes both recipes so I would say they will be made again. Give them a try I would love to hear if you all like them !!

No comments: